Are you or is someone close to you suffering from a traumatic brain injury and just can’t seem to get back on track to optimal health? Feeling like you don’t know where to turn to get the help you need? Dr. Dan Engle is board certified in psychiatry and neurology, has personal experience recovering from a traumatic brain injury himself and has dedicated his life to helping others understand how brain injuries derail the natural processes that happen in a healthy brain. He’s authored “The Concussion Repair Manual”, part guidebook part overview of cutting edge treatment tools and techniques that wholistic integrative medicine have to offer. In this episode Doc J interviews Dr. Engle about his new book, the 5 phases crucial for TBI healing and recovery and some of the beneficial therapies at the forefront of integrative medicine for brain injuries.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
• How alternative therapies such as hyperbaric chambers, float tanks and acupuncture can help relieve symptoms of brain injuries
• How to reduce inflammation in the brain
• How water, light, oxygen, proper nutrition, energy and hormone balance affect brain health
• Why a guidebook is crucial for your care team to help you track your recovery process
• Why the treatment of brain injuries is not a one size fits all approach